“My inspiration was…Cher, a true icon. A woman who makes my job effortless!" said Gina Brooke, the makeup artist who created Cher's look at the 2017 Billboard Music Awards. "I wanted to just enhance her natural beauty and incredible eyes for this big moment.”
Gina shares her makeup look creation from last night's show…
- For a smooth, flawless base, Gina began by prepping Cher’s skin with Marc Jacobs beauty under(cover) perfecting coconut face primer, which brings the refreshing feel of coconut to the face while perfecting and creating long lasting makeup.
- To accentuate Cher’s iconic bone structure and warm the complexion, Gina applied Marc Jacobs beauty o!mega bronzer perfect tan in tantric 102, which contains micro-fine technology and built-in skin conditioning agents, using Marc Jacobs beauty the shape contour and blush brush no. 15 right beneath the cheekbone.
- To create rosy, flushed cheeks, Gina applied Marc Jacobs beauty air blush soft glow duo in 500 lush & libido using Marc Jacobs beauty the blush – angled blush brush no. 10, which made blending the two colors in the palette effortless.
- Gina used Marc Jacobs beauty poutliner longwear lip liner pencil in prim(rose) 304 followed by Marc Jacobs beauty le marc liquid lip crème in truth or bare 454 for a natural, rosy pink pout.
- Gina applied the lightest shade of the new Marc Jacobs beauty eye-conic multi-finish eyeshadow palette in provocouture, launching in july 2017, to the base of Cher’s lids and then enhanced the crease using the darkest shade of the same palette.
- Gina then used the metallic shade from the new Marc Jacobs beauty eye-conic multi-finish eyeshadow palette in smartorial, also available in july 2017, all over the lid to ensure that Cher’s eye makeup would catch the light.
- To further enhance the eyes, Gina applied Marc Jacobs beauty velvet noir major volume mascara to the top and bottom lashes, for added glamour and thickness.