“Premiere Party Night” – “Dancing with the Stars” returns for a star-studded season 31 featuring 16 new celebrities who are ready to hit the ballroom floor for their first live performance, MONDAY, SEPT. 19 (8:00pm ET / 5:00pm PT), on Disney+. (TV-PG, L) Watch episode replays on Disney+ within the hour following the live stream.
The season premiere will feature a dazzling opening number to “I’m Coming Out / About Damn Time (Purple Disco Machine Remix)” by Diana Ross & Lizzo. For their first performance, the celebrity and pro duos will perform dances that include the Jive, Tango, Quickstep, Cha Cha, Foxtrot, Salsa or Viennese Waltz. One couple will be eliminated at the end of the premiere episode.
Fans will be able to vote during the live stream of the show in the U.S. and Canada via disneyplus.com/vote. U.S. fans can also vote via SMS/text. This season, live online voting will be available in Canada. With each subsequent episode, the live viewer votes will be combined with the judges’ scores to determine which couples may be in jeopardy of elimination.
“Dancing with the Stars” is the hit series hosted by supermodel and businesswoman Tyra Banks and actor and television personality Alfonso Ribeiro in which celebrities are paired with trained ballroom dancers to compete in themed choreographed dance routines that are judged by a panel of renowned ballroom experts, including Len Goodman, Carrie Ann Inaba, Bruno Tonioli and Derek Hough.
The couples (along with their dance styles and songs) are the following:
· Fitness model and actor Joseph Baena and pro Daniella Karagach will perform a Jive to “Pump It” by the Black Eyed Peas
· Movie star Selma Blair and pro Sasha Farber will perform a Viennese Waltz to “The Time of My Life” by David Cook
· Comedian, actor and singer Wayne Brady and pro Witney Carson will perform a Cha Cha to “She’s A Bad Mama Jama (She’s Built, She’s Stacked)” by Carl Carlton
· Good Morning America contributor and WABC-TV New York’s weather anchor Sam Champion, and pro Cheryl Burke will perform a Foxtrot to “Hold Me Closer” by Elton John & Britney Spears
· TikTok star Charli D’Amelio and pro Mark Ballas will perform a Cha Cha to “Savage (Major Lazer Remix)” by Megan Thee Stallion
· Heidi D’Amelio (“The D’Amelio Show”) and pro Artem Chigvintsev will perform a Cha Cha to “Lady Marmalade” by Christina Aguilera, Lil’ Kim, Mya & P!nk
· Country star Jessie James Decker and pro Alan Bersten will perform a Cha Cha to “Sweet Home Alabama” by Lynyrd Skynyrd
· TV star Trevor Donovan and pro Emma Slater will perform a Quickstep to “Dancing with Myself” by Billy Idol
· Daniel Durant (Oscar®-winning “CODA”) and pro Britt Stewart will perform a Tango to “Barbra Streisand” by Duck Sauce
· Teresa Giudice (“The Real Housewives of New Jersey”) and pro Pasha Pashkov will perform a Tango to “We Found Love” by Rihanna ft. Calvin Harris
· Vinny Guadagnino (“Jersey Shore”) and pro Koko Iwasaki will perform a Salsa to “Tití Me Preguntó” by Bad Bunny
· “Charlie’s Angels” star Cheryl Ladd and pro Louis van Amstel will perform a Cha Cha to “Got To Give It Up” by Marvin Gaye
· Jason Lewis (“Sex and the City”) and pro Peta Murgatroyd will perform a Cha Cha to “Get Lucky” by Daft Punk ft. Pharrell Williams & Nile Rodgers
· Drag queen superstar Shangela and pro Gleb Savchenko will perform a Salsa to “When I Grow Up” by The Pussycat Dolls
· Platinum recording artist Jordin Sparks and pro Brandon Armstrong will perform a Cha Cha to “I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me)” by Whitney Houston
· Gabby Windey (“The Bachelorette”) and pro Val Chmerkovskiy will perform a Jive to “As it Was” by Harry Styles
After an impressive 30 seasons on ABC, “Dancing with the Stars” moves to its new home on Disney+, premiering exclusively in the U.S. and Canada, making “Dancing with the Stars” the first live series to debut on the streaming service.
“Dancing with the Stars” is produced by BBC Studios Los Angeles Productions.
George Floyd Forever Day Three Years After Protests