With Spring and Summer right around the corner, it's almost time for those beach and BBQ snapshots… so why not a new camera?
Sony Electronics has introduced the newest addition to their compact zoom camera lineup, the DSC-HX80 model.
The new camera features a variety of advanced imaging capabilities including 30x optical zoom, a high-resolution 18.2 MP Exmor R CMOS Sensor and a retractable OLED Tru-Finder in a class-leading compact body. Along with the DSC-HX90V model, the HX80 camera becomes the only compact high-zoom camera with a retractable electronic viewfinder, making it an extremely appealing and flexible solution for travel and family photography and video shooting.
The HX80 also features a high-resolution, 921k dot LCD screen that tilts a full 180 degrees for comfortable arms-length portraits or "selfies" and is Wi-Fi / NFC compatible.
Key features for the new model are:
Compact Hi-Zoom HX80 Camera w/ Built-in Retractable EVF
Available in April for about $350
- Premium 30x ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T optical zoom lens with 60x "Clear Image" digital zoom capability
- Built-in pop-up OLED Tru-Finder EVF w/ high contrast and vivid colors
- 18.2 MP Exmor R CMOS sensor and BIONZ X processor ensure the finest capture details for still images and Full HD videos in all lighting conditions
- Optical SteadyShot with 5-axis image stabilization minimizes effects of camera shake
- 921k dot, 3.0 type LCD screen that tilts a full 180 degrees
- Full HD movie shooting capabilities including high-speed XAVC S format at 50 Mbps
- Built-in 'pop up' flash for low-light shooting support
- Compatible with Wi-Fi / NFC for seamless wireless transfer of content and with select Sony PlayMemories™ Camera apps