Global Citizen has announced the expansion of Global Citizen Live on September 25 to include additional broadcast performances from across the world including: Andrea Bocelli from Tuscany, BTS from Seoul, Green Dayfrom Los Angeles, Keith Urban, Ricky Martin from various locations in Las Vegas, Lorde and My Morning Jacket from various locations in New York City, Metallica from Louisville, Sho Madjozi and Muzi from Johannesburg and, in partnership with Sony Music Latin, Camilo from Madrid and Lali from Buenos Aires. Straight from the Amazon Rainforest, the Indigenous Peoples of Brazil represented by Mapu of the Huni Kuin, Aldeia Mutum of the Yawanawas, and Owera (Kunumi MC) of the Guaranis join Alok in premiering a unique collaboration project showcasing indigenous culture.
Global Citizen Live is part of the once-in-a-generation day of unity across seven continents, to be broadcast over 24 hours around the world on Apple Music, Apple TV App, YouTube and Twitter. Global Citizen Live will also air on ABC, ABC News Live, iHeartRadio, Hulu, The Roku Channel, FX and TIME in the United States, BBC in the United Kingdom, Caracol in Colombia, Channel 9 in Australia, MagentaTV and MagentaMusik 360 in Germany, Mediacorp in Singapore, Multichoice in Africa, Multishow & Bis in Brazil , S3 on SABC in South Africa, AIM Group in Nigeria, Sky & TV8 in Italy,TF1/TMC in France and TV Azteca in México, and more to come.
The once-in-a-generation day of global unity will call for:
- Wealthiest nations to deliver on their promise to give $100 billion annually to address the climate needs of developing countries.
- US citizens to contact their representatives pressing for the passage of the largest climate protection bill in American history in order to set the US on track to at least half emissions by 50% by 2030. Congress plans to vote on the bill the week of September 27th.
- The G7 and the world's billionaires to end the hunger crisis by contributing at least $6 billion for the urgent provision of millions of meals for the 41 Million People on the brink of starvation.
- The G7 and EU to share at least one billion doses immediately, with those most in need, and to support the proposal by South Africa and India to waive IP around the production of COVID-19 vaccines and other medical tools — backed by over 100 countries.
The performances announced today add to the previous announced line-ups from:
- NEW YORK CITY in Central Park (presented by Citi and Cisco) with Coldplay, Billie Eilish, Camila Cabello, Jennifer Lopez, Lizzo, Meek Mill, Shawn Mendes, and special guest performances by Alessia Cara, Burna Boy, Cyndi Lauper, Jon Batiste, and Lang Lang
- PARIS at Champ de Mars with Ed Sheeran, Elton John, Doja Cat, Black Eyed Peas, Stormzy, Christine and the Queens and special guest performances by Angélique Kidjo, Charlie Puth, and Fatma Said.
- LOS ANGELES at The Greek Theatre (presented by Verizon) with Stevie Wonder, Adam Lambert, Chloe x Halle, Demi Lovato, H.E.R., ONEREPUBLIC, Ozuna, The Lumineers, and 5 Seconds of Summer
- LONDON with Duran Duran, Kylie Minogue, Måneskin, Nile Rodgers and Chic, and Rag'n'Bone Man
- LAGOS with Femi Kuti, Davido, Tiwa Savage, and Made Kuti
- RIO DE JANEIRO with Alok, Mart'nália, Criolo, Liniker, with special guests Tropkillaz, and
Mosquito, in partnership with Rock In Rio
- SYDNEY with Delta Goodrem
- MUMBAI, hosted by Anil Kapoor, with Sadhguru, Amitabh Bachchan, Ayushmann Khurrana, Arjun Kapoor, Ananya Panday, Bhumi Pednekar, Dia Mirza, Farhan Akhtar, Hrithik Roshan, Janhvi Kapoor, KiaraAdvani, Riteish Deshmukh, Sara Ali Khan, Sonakshi Sinhawith, in partnership with Wizcraft.
Global Citizen is grateful for the support from incredible organizations advocating for impact, including: 1t.org, American Forests, The Asia Society, Ban Ki Moon Center, Center for Environmental Peacebuilding, Climate Neutral, Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovation, Conservation International, COVID-19 Therapeutics Accelerator, Education Cannot Wait, Fundación Azteca, GAVI, the Vaccine Alliance, Global Solidarity Fund, Green Climate Fund, Global Polio Eradication Initiative, Global Financing Facility for Women, Children and Adolescents, International Fund for Agricultural Development, International Rescue Committee, LISC, Namati, Nigeria Solidarity Support Fund (NSSF), One Acre Fund, Outright Action International, Paris Peace Forum, The Pathfinders, Re:Wild, Rotary International, Seadream Family Foundation, Sheth Sangreal Foundation, Shining Hope for Communities (SHOFCO), Slum2School Africa, South African Education Project, The Foundation for Innovative New Diagnostics, The Global Fund (to Fight TB, AIDS, Malaria), UNICEF, UNICEF Australia, UNITAID, UNFPA, Women at Risk International Foundation (WARIF), World Food Programme, World Health Organization, World Health Organization Foundation.
The Global Citizen Live campaign is supported by more than 35 governments and world leaders, including: European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen; Prime Minister of Italy and G20 Chair Mario Draghi; President of France Emmanuel Macron; President of Chile Sebastián Piñera; President of Argentina Alberto Fernández; German Chancellor Angela Merkel; Prime Minister of Norway Erna Solberg; Prime Minister of Croatia Andrej Plenković; Prime Minister of Spain Pedro Sánchez; Prime Minister of Belgium Alexander De Croo; Prime Minister of Sweden Stefan Löfven; Prime Minister of Fiji Frank Bainimarama; Prime Minister of Antigua and Barbuda Gaston Browne; Prime Minister Mia Mottley of Barbados; Foreign Minister of Nigeria Geoffrey Onyeama; Naledi Pandor, Minister of International Relations and Cooperation of South Africa; Undersecretary for Multilateral Affairs and Human Rights of Mexico, Martha Delgado Peralta, US House Speaker Nancy Pelosi; as well as United Nations Deputy Secretary General Amina Mohammed; Dr Tedros Executive Director of the World Health Organization; UK COP President Designate Alok Sharma; US Special Presidential Envoy for Climate John Kerry; the 8th Secretary General of the United Nations Ban Ki-Moon; Peter Sands Executive Director of Global Fund; Monique Vledder, Head of Secretariat, Global Financing Facility; Gilbert F. Houngbo, President of the International Fund for Agricultural Development; David Beasley, Executive Director, World Food Programme; Yasmine Sherif, Director, Education Cannot Wait; M. Sanjayan, CEO, Conservation International; Phumzile Mlambo-Ngcuka, Executive Director of UN Women; and United Nations SDG Advocate Eddie Ndopu. Global Citizen's campaign is also supported by Barbados, Bolivia, Costa Rica, Denmark, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Ecuador, Guatemala, Ireland, Paraguay, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Singapore, and Saint Kitts and Nevis.
Global Citizen Live has received in-kind support from leading media companies, including: AIM Group, Bandsintown, BellaNaija, Branded Cities, Brut Media, Captivate, Clear Channel Outdoor, Curb Media, Digital Mobile Media, Evergreen Trading, Forbes, GSTV, iHeartRadio, Interstate Outdoor, Jack Agency, JCDecaux Nigeria, Mass Media, Newscentral TV, Nigeria Info, Outfront Media, Penske Media, Seen Media, Six Flags Theme Parks, The New York Times, Vanguard Media, Wazobia FM, and Wazobia Max TV.
To earn tickets to the Paris, New York City, and Los Angeles events, learn about events still to be announced, and view health & safety information for in-person events, please go to GlobalCitizenLive.org. *All Global Citizen Live events comply with, and often exceed, the latest COVID-19 protocols.
For more information about Global Citizen Live, visit www.globalcitizen.org, and follow @glblctzn on Instagram, Tik Tok, Twitter, and YouTube.