PEEPS® is debuting new and delicious confections sure to excite fans who include candy in their Easter baskets and holiday traditions.
The quintessential Easter candy brand continues to expand its lineup of trending food and merchandise products, encouraging fans to express their PEEPSONALITY® while celebrating the Spring season with loved ones.
New this year, PEEPS® will be teaming up with founder of Milk Bar, Christina Tosi to create several recipes incorporating sweet PEEPS® treats. Additionally, the PEEPS® Brand is joining forces with the baked-good experts at Duncan Hines® to create even more Easter-inspired creations.
Try this fun PEEPS® Piñata Easter Cake recipe with the family on Easter Day!
WHAT YOU NEED:
- PAM® Baking Spray
- 2 pkgs (15.25 oz each) Duncan Hines® Classic White Cake Mix
- 2 cups water
- 6 large egg whites
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 pound unsalted butter, softened
- 6 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup heavy (whipping) cream
- 16 PEEPS® Brand Marshmallow Chicks, assorted colors
- 2 pkgs (10 oz each) PEEPS® Brand Jelly Beans blue, pink, yellow and purple food coloring
WHAT TO DO:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray two 8-inch round pans with baking spray.
- Beat 1 package cake mix, 1 cup water, 3 egg whites and 1/3 cup oil in large bowl with an electric mixer at low speed until blended, about 30 seconds. Beat at medium speed 2 minutes.
- Pour into pans and bake 22 to 27 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack 10 minutes. Turn cakes out to cool completely. Wash pans, spray with more baking spray and prepare second cake mix with remaining ingredients.
- Place butter in a large mixing bowl and beat on high speed until pale, smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes. Gradually add in the powdered sugar, beating on low speed until incorporated then follow with heavy cream, salt and vanilla and mix for one minute. Turn the mixer to high speed and beat for 4 minutes until frosting is smooth, fluffy and stiff.
- Place 3/4 of the frosting in a large bowl and add a few drops of blue food coloring until a pastel blue color is achieved.
- Divide remaining 1/4 of frosting evenly into 3 bowls and color with pink, yellow and purple food coloring.
- Use a 3 to 4-inch circle cookie cutter (or a large thin-edged cup the same diameter) and cut a hole in the center of two cake layers.
- Place one uncut cake layer on a serving plate and frost with a thin layer of blue frosting. Top with one cake ring layer. Frost with a thin layer of frosting and place second cake ring on top. Fill the hole in the center with most of the jelly beans, frost and top with last full cake layer. Reserve about 20 jelly beans for decorating the sides of the cake.
- Frost entire cake with blue frosting. Decorate sides of frosted cake with yellow, pink and purple frosting to look like an Easter egg and top with PEEPS® Marshmallow Chicks.
Back by popular demand, PEEPS® has teamed up for the second year with Kellogg's and International Delight® to offer both a marshmallow flavored cereal and coffee creamer this Spring. The PEEPS® Marshmallow Flavored Cereal with Marshmallows from Kellogg's is now better than ever with new yellow PEEPS® Chick and pink and blue PEEPS® Bunny shaped marshmallows.
International Delight® and PEEPS® are also introducing new PEEPS® Flavored Creamer Singles at convenience store coffee stations, while the standard creamer bottle will once again be available in the dairy aisle at retailers nationwide.
Marshmallow lovers should also keep an eye out for an exciting announcement from the PEEPS® Brand on March 3 – PEEPS® is hopping into the fashion scene with a global leader in innovative apparel.
Join the conversation: #PEEPSONALITY