No big surprises at the box office this past weekend. Disney's 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' knocked it out of the ballpark.
The latest Star Wars installment proved that the box office force is indeed strong with a $450 million global debut in 55 territories including North America where it posted the second biggest opening of all-time taking in a whopping $220 million.
Notably, director Feng Xiaogang's China based drama 'Youth' had an incredible $44.3 million weekend in just 5 territories.
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Disney - $220.0M
- Ferdinand - 20th Century Fox - $13.3M
- Coco - Disney - $10.0M
- Wonder - Lionsgate - $5.4M
- Justice League - Warner Bros. - $4.2M
- Daddy's Home 2 - Paramount - $3.8M
- Thor: Ragnarok - Disney - $3.0M
- Disaster Artist, The - A24 - $2.6M
- Murder On The Orient Express - 20th Century Fox - $2.5M
- Lady Bird - A24 - $2.1M
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Disney - $450.0M
- Youth - Multiple - $44.3M
- Coco - Disney - $37.4M
- Thousand Faces of Dunjia, The - Multiple - $27.9M
- Ferdinand - 20th Century Fox - $19.5M
- Wonder - Lionsgate - $14.8M
- Murder On The Orient Express - 20th Century Fox - $13.3M
- Steel Rain - Next Entertainment - $11.6M
- Paddington 2 - Multiple - $9.7M
- Daddy's Home 2 - Paramount Pictures - $9.6M