Ever since its Golden Globe win, Fox's 'The Revenant' has become a force to be reckoned with as the multiple Oscar® nominee takes the world by storm with $49.8 million this weekend and sets its sights on the quarter billion dollar threshold in the worldwide arena in the coming week.
Meanwhile in another galaxy, Disney's 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' has the $2 billion club within reach with $1,940.0 million banked through this weekend.
- The Revenant - 20th Century Fox - $16.0M
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens - Disney - $14.3M
- Ride Along 2 - Universal - $13.0M
- Dirty Grandpa - Lionsgate - $11.5M
- The Boy - STX Entertainment - $11.3M
- The 5th Wave - Sony - $10.7M
- 13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers Of Benghazi - Paramount - $9.8M
- Daddy's Home - Paramount - $5.3M
- Norm Of The North - Lionsgate - $4.1M
- The Big Short - Paramount - $3.5M
Results according to Rentrak