Fisher-Price, Inc. has partnered with world famous mom, philanthropist and global pop singer, Shakira and the Barefoot Foundation to create a web series for moms and co-develop a new line of Babygear and toys.
The collaboration kicks off with a 12-part web series featuring Shakira's personal reflections on what her baby has taught her about herself, the importance of early childhood development, looking at the world through a child's eyes, facilitating milestones and even her hopes for raising a future philanthropist. Segments also celebrate babies' amazing activity and growth as well as Shakira's own parenting journey from a very personal mom-to-mom point of view. She draws upon her own experiences in raising her son, Milan, and shares her strong belief that it's never too early to nurture your child's potential by doing things like singing, talking, reading and playing with baby.
The entire series will distribute exclusively over digital to 23 countries at one time, delivered via branded social channels and supported with paid media. The content will live on www.fisher-price.com/shakira along with product information on the First Steps Collection, the new babygear and infant toy line co-developed by Shakira and Fisher-Price.
"Working with my foundation over the years on early childhood development, I saw how important developmental milestones are and how toys can help babies reach them - including with my own son. I wanted to design a line of toys that stimulated development in the crucial early stages of life, the stages in which learning can be achieved through supervised play, fostering the development of psychological, social and motor skills," Shakira said. "I instantly felt a strong connection with Fisher-Price and their extensive research and focus on helping children build skills for school and for life, further reinforced for me how aligned we are on the importance of early childhood development. They were the perfect choice of partner."
When it comes to baby's development, the early years are the most important. The Shakira First Steps Collection encourages baby's well-rounded development, helping baby get ready for their first steps—and beyond! Beginning mid-November consumers in the U.S. can purchase Shakira's introductory line of co-developed Fisher-Price baby gear and toys exclusively at Amazon.com as well as Fisher-Price.com. The Shakira First Steps Collection, which is also available for pre-order on Amazon.com starting today, includes:
- Fisher-Price® Shakira First Steps Collection Kick & Play Piano Gym:"Grows" with baby from play gym to portable piano. When baby kicks, music plays and four linkable toys encourage baby to bat, reach and grasp. When baby's ready for tummy time, the arch and all its activities move down for hands-on fun. And when baby's ready to sit, baby can "play" the piano with two different music modes. ($54.99)
- Fisher-Price® Shakira First Steps Collection Musical Friends Bouncer - A fun and soothing vibrating bouncer that introduces baby to an early love of music and global beats. Bouncer helps entertain baby with a removable toy bar featuring lights, sounds and music, and animal activity toy friends. ($59.99)
- Fisher-Price® Shakira First Steps Collection Move ‘n Groove Soccer Ball: Get baby moving ‘n grooving with a musical soccer ball, that encourages active, motor skill-building play with silly sounds and 11 original global music tunes inspired by music from around the world! ($17.99)
- Fisher-Price® Shakira First Steps Collection Stack ‘n Learn Alphabet Blocks: Fifty easy-to-stack blocks in one big block set to encourage development of fine motor skills and eye-hand coordination—with so much for baby to discover as they play! Alphabet letters from A-Z introduce baby to letters and the alphabet, with pictures of familiar first objects that start with each block's featured letter. ($14.99)
- Fisher-Price® Shakira First Steps Collection Teethe ‘n Play Stacker:Classic ring stacking fun to help baby develop fine motor skills and eye-hand coordination, and help stimulate baby's senses of sight, sound and touch. ($14.99)
- Fisher-Price® Shakira First Steps Collection Count ‘n Teethe Soft Book: Snuggle up for story time with a soft book featuring colorful characters, counting fun from 1-5, and lots to discover on all six pages—including a shiny mirror, peek-a-boo flap, crinkle page, satin-patch squeaker, soft ribbon and teether! ($9.99)