Animation always rules at the box office… and this weekend, it conquered. According to comScore, Disney's latest Pixar Animation release, 'Finding Dory' took the global box office hook, line and sinker with $50 million in the international territories and nearly $190 million globally this weekend as the forgetful fish drew audiences around the world looking for a family-friendly time at the movie theater.
This new record makes 'Finding Dory's' debut the highest-grossing animated debut of all time.
- Finding Dory – Disney – $136.2M
- Central Intelligence – Warner Bros. – $34.5M
- The Conjuring 2 – Warner Bros. – $15.6M
- Now You See Me 2 – Lionsgate – $9.7M
- Warcraft – Universal – $6.5M
- X-Men: Apocalypse – 20th Century Fox – $5.2M
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out Of The – Paramount – $5.2M
- Me Before You – Warner Bros. – $4.2M
- Alice Through The Looking Glass – Disney – $3.6M
- Captain America: Civil War – Disney – $2M