Ever since its Golden Globe win, Fox's 'The Revenant' has become a force to be reckoned with as the multiple Oscar® nominee takes the world by storm with $49.8 million this weekend and sets its sights on the quarter billion dollar threshold in the worldwide arena in the coming week.
Meanwhile in another galaxy, Disney's 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' has the $2 billion club within reach with $1,940.0 million banked through this weekend.
- The Revenant – 20th Century Fox – $16.0M
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens – Disney – $14.3M
- Ride Along 2 – Universal – $13.0M
- Dirty Grandpa – Lionsgate – $11.5M
- The Boy – STX Entertainment – $11.3M
- The 5th Wave – Sony – $10.7M
- 13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers Of Benghazi – Paramount – $9.8M
- Daddy's Home – Paramount – $5.3M
- Norm Of The North – Lionsgate – $4.1M
- The Big Short – Paramount – $3.5M
Results according to Rentrak