Are you counting down to next week's Season 2 premiere of EMPIRE on FOX? Here's something to sink your teeth into.
Andre isn't long for this world and Cookie and Anika will soon be back at each other's throats, predicts Robert Ham, author of EMPIRE: THE UNAUTHORIZED UNTOLD STORY (Regan Arts, $ 19.95, now on shelves).
Ham, who has written the definitive, must-have guide for every Empire fan, also says that the producers are secretly worried that the A-list guest stars (including Mariah Carey, Lenny Kravitz, Pitbull, and Oprah) currently signed for season two will take too much screen time away from their favorite characters when the show returns on September 23rd.
Ham predicts romantic possibilities for fan favorite characters, dangerous encounters, and more:
- If Andre isn't the first character to be killed off next season, the second most likely scenario is that Lucious kills Anika (Grace Gealey) in a fit of passion.
- Lucious (Terrence Howard) gets caught in the middle of a dramatic prison riot that features guest star Chris Rock.
- While season one left Cookie and Anika in a shaky alliance, it will only take a couple of episodes before Cookie kicks Anika to the curb.
Viewers can also expect to see:
- Less romance between Lucious and Cookie (Taraji P. Henson). Producers know they'll get more drama, and higher ratings, if the two are hopping from bed to bed with nubile young men and women.
- More "Cookie-isms," and withering reads specifically designed to blow up the Twittersphere.
In EMPIRE: THE UNAUTHORIZED UNTOLD STORY, noted pop culture writer Ham chronicles the lives of the show's memorable characters, hot cast, and groundbreaking creators. Readers get full backgrounds on Lucious, Cookie, their sons and all the other major players, including the real-life entertainment icons on whom their stories are based—and learn about the actors who bring the characters to life.