Macadamia Professional International Creative Director, celebrity stylist and our 2016 Hollywood Beauty Awards hairstyling nominee, Giannandrea, kicked off NYFW with a showstopping high pony at Nicholas K SS ‘17. Here is how you do it...
- Start with wet hair and apply Macadamia Professional Blow Dry Lotion ($19.95; Ulta.com) throughout the lengths to smooth and protect hair from heat styling. Blow-dry large sections straight with a large round brush.
- Brush all the hair upward to the top center of the crown. All the sides and back of the hair must direct very tightly to the top center.
- Pull hair into a ponytail, smoothing all sides as needed and secure with a strong hair elastic.
- Spray Macadamia Professional Tousled Texture Finishing Spray ($19.95, Ulta.com) through length of the ponytail to create body and definition.
- Take a medium sized section from the back bottom of the ponytail. Wrap the section around the base of the elastic and spray Macadamia Professional Flex Hold Shaping Hairspray ($19.95; Ulta.com) to help the hair stay in place. Create a tall, 3-inch thick band that covers the elastic. Use straight pins all around while wrapping and smoothing it in place.
- Lightly spray the top of the head with Macadamia Professional Flex Hold Shaping Hairspray ($19.95; Ulta.com) and gently run hands over the hair to smooth flyaways.
- Brush the ponytail and spray Macadamia Professional Weightless Moisture Dry Oil Micro Mist ($31.95; Ulta.com) to achieve the ultimate finish and shine for a glamorous look.