Celebrity hairstylist Takisha Sturdivant-Drew and celebrity makeup artist Andréa Tiller breakdown Ariana DeBose’s glam look from tonight’s SAG Awards.
“Ariana was wearing a beautiful fuchsia suit so I wanted to keep the makeup very fresh, sculpted, glowy and bronzed with a few punchy elements that would work well with the outfit. I added the fierce wing liner to give it some edge, used a shadow palette with beautiful bronze and iridescent pink tones to compliment her look and the gorgeous glossy lip to tie the whole fresh and cool look together. Everything turned out cool, fresh, and effortless!” Tiller said about her Lancome look.
First prep skin with Lancôme Advanced Génifique Face Serum to smooth the skin, creating a hydrated and glowing base
Place the Lancôme Advanced Génifique Hydrogel Sheet Mask on the face for 10 minutes for extra hydration and an intense radiance boost
Apply Lancôme Absolue The Serum all over face and neck for a plumping effect
Top The Serum with Lancôme Absolue Soft Cream Moisturizer for luminous glow and all-night hydration, giving
the perfect base for makeup
● Start with Lancôme La Base Pro Face & Makeup Primer to ensure makeup stays fresh throughout the night
● Mix Lancôme Teint Idôle Ultra 24H Long Lasting Foundation in 450 N and 510 C all over the face to create a flawless natural matte canvas
● Apply Lancôme Teint Idôle All Over Concealer in 310 under the eyes to brighten, a mix of Lancôme Teint Idôle All Over Concealer in 420 and 415 around the nose to reduce redness, and Lancôme Teint Idôle All Over Concealer in 550 to contour & add warmth to the perimeter of the face, cheekbones and nose
● Next, mix Lancôme Dual Finish Powder Foundation in 430 Bisque Warm and 370 Bisque Cool all over the face for a full coverage, mattifying effect
● Sweep Lancôme Star Bronzer Powder in Sunswept along the cheekbones to add depth and warmth
● Add a pop of color to the apples of the cheeks using Lancôme Blush Subtil Powder Blush in 363 Smile & Blush
● Start with the Lancôme Ombre Hypnôse Stylo Shadow Stick in 26 Or Rose all over the lid to create a base for the full eye look
● To add depth and dimension, use Lancôme Hypnôse 5-Color Eyeshadow Palette in Fraicheur Rosée
● Line the lid with Lancôme Idôle Liner in 01 Glossy Black to open up the eye
● Apply three generous coats of Lancôme Lash Idôle Mascara in Glossy Black for long and voluminous lashes
● Outline the lip with Lancôme Le Lip Liner 254 Ideal for a full pout
● Finish off the look by applying Lancôme Juicy Tubes in Magic Spell
“Ariana’s pink Prabal Gurung suit was giving me classy, sassy, and sexy with an 80’s vibe to it. So, I of course had to give her a killer hairstyle that matched that vibe. I wanted to do something different than her usual short pixie hair,” Sturdivant-Drew said.
- I began by prepping her damp hair with some Maui Moisture Frizz-Free + Shea Butter Leave-In Conditioning Mist to add hydration before styling and it through to make sure all the hair was coated. Then I started sectioning the hair for the braiding process. I used some TSD Hair Extensions hair to braid the top of her head into cornrows. I used both the Maui Moisture Strength & Length Castor + Neem Oil Curl Oil Gel and the Maui Moisture Frizz-Free Shea Butter Elongating Gel during the braiding process to make sure everything super sleek.
- Next, I added on some kinky curly TSD Hair Extensions to her ponytail to add a ton of length and fun, bouncy body. To maintain the shape of the curls while keeping their bounce, I used the Maui Moisture Flexible Hold + Coconut Milk Curl Foam Mousse all over her ponytail to separate and define the curls. This was great because it provided structure without weighing the curls down.
- As a finishing touch, I used the NEW Maui Moisture Lightweight Curls + Flaxseed Edge Control to lay down her edges and smooth any leftover flyways around her hairline or braids.”