With opening day officially set for November 14th, today Mammoth Mountain announced a number of changes to ticketing and operations designed to minimize contact and better manage on-hill capacity during the upcoming winter season. Those changes include $1M in COVID-19 related enhancements to help keep guests and employees safe.
While some procedures and operations may evolve throughout the winter in accordance with changing state and local guidelines, a full summer of successful and safe operations has informed a number of updates that guests will also experience this winter.
A full list of the updated procedures for the coming season is available on the website here. Notable changes include:
- Over $1M invested in COVID-19 related resort enhancements.
- No walk-up/ day of lift tickets will be sold. All lift tickets must be purchased in advance.
- No un-dated lift tickets will be available – every lift ticket purchased will need to be date specific in order to better manage capacity
- The number of daily lift tickets available for advanced purchase will be tightly regulated.
- Lift mazes will be altered to facilitate increased distancing.
- In-restaurant/ in-lodge dinning will be limited in accordance with local and state health guidelines (currently set at 50% capacity). Grab-n-go and outdoor eating/seating options will be increased
- Face masks will be required indoors, in lift lines, gondolas, shuttles and when social distancing with others outside your travel group is not possible
- Cancellation policies have been adjusted to provide peace of mind and allow flexibility.