With America facing an unprecedented physical and mental health crisis, staying healthy and physically active has never been more important. That's why fitness leader 24 Hour Fitness is introducing its "Fitness is Essential" Campaign in conjunction with National Wellness Month in August. This multi-tiered initiative includes a social media campaign that provides a way for people of all ages to express themselves and share why fitness is essential to them on Facebook and Instagram. The social media campaign is matched by free outdoor "Fitness is Essential" Pop-Up fitness classes throughout California this month.
"We are committed to creating a healthier and happier world and believe that fitness is essential to a person's physical and mental well-being. In fact, studies have shown that exercise boosts the immune system, and that obesity can cause complications for those who get COVID-19," said Tony Ueber, CEO, 24 Hour Fitness. "Our members have shared with us that they are excited to get back to the gym because it's such a crucial part of their healthy lifestyle journey. We're excited to launch our 'Fitness is Essential' Campaign to give people a platform to voice the importance of fitness in their lives."
#fight4fitness Social Media Campaign
Through social media outreach the "Fitness is Essential" campaign will encourage people to share why fitness is an essential part of their lives by posting on their social channels, tagging at least 3 friends, and including the hashtag #fight4fitness. The goal is for fitness enthusiasts throughout the country to share photos of themselves working out, along with a message about why it is vital to their health and well-being. In California, where clubs are still closed, 24 Hour Fitness has developed a letter-writing campaign in partnership with the California Fitness Alliance (@CAFitAlliance) encouraging people to share a letter with Governor Newsom explaining why fitness is an essential part of their lives. See the letter-writing campaign here.
Fitness is Essential 24 Hour Fitness Pop-Up Events
To bring the "Fitness is Essential" theme to life, 24 Hour Fitness will hold 10 outdoor Pop-Up events near 24 Hour Fitness California Clubs throughout August. These socially distanced, family-friendly free classes will encourage families and people of all ages to get out and get fit with friends. Photo booths at the Pop Up Events invite attendees to share and post why fitness is essential to them. In accordance with 24 Hour Fitness national health and safety protocols, attendees and fitness instructors will be required to wear face coverings.
San Jose Event Details
Outside 24 Hour Fitness San Jose Club
Wednesday, August 12, 2020, 10:00-11:00 am
1610 Crane Court, San Jose, CA
Los Angeles Event Details
Outside 24 Hour Fitness Compton Club
Gateway Towne Center
Thursday, August 13, 2020, 10:00-11:00 am
110 Towne Center Drive, Compton, CA
San Diego Event Details
Outside 24 Hour Fitness Carmel Mountain Ranch Club
Saturday, August 15, 2020, 9:00 am – 10:00 am
14331 Penasquitos Drive, San Diego, CA
Because the safety and well-being of club members, team members and guests is 24 Hour Fitness' first priority, the company has implemented health and safety protocols in all clubs nationwide that exceed government and public health agency guidelines. The goal is to introduce these protocols for consideration as fitness industry standards in California as the state prepares a phased approach to reopening business, and the fitness industry, in the future.
- Club members can make advance reservations to work out in the club of their choice by using the 24 Hour Fitness free 24GO® personalized fitness app
- Team members wear masks and PPE at all times in the club. Club members and guests are required to wear masks while in the club. We monitor and assist all club members and guests and encourage social distancing in open areas
- Clubs open for 90-minute workout sessions throughout the day, followed by a 1/2-hour closure for club cleaning between reservation workout sessions
- Touch-free club check in can be accomplished with the 24GO® app by using your smart phone
- While many 24 Hour Fitness clubs occupy a large footprint (30,000-40,000 square feet), in-club member workout capacity is capped to 25%
- Signage throughout the club reminds team and club members of important social distancing and safety protocols including our mandatory requirement to wear a mask at all times in our clubs nationwide
- Some club amenities are temporarily closed, and we are temporarily limiting use of select cardio and strength equipment throughout the clubs to allow space to maintain proper social distancing
- Personal training sessions and group fitness classes meet in specific club areas where members can safely maintain social distancing