Updates on Sylmar Fire:
Saddleridge Brush Fire started on Thursday, October 10, 2019 - As of 8:30AM.
SIZE: Over 4,700 acres.
@LAFD via Twitter on Friday, October 11:
Update #BrushFire; INC#1582; 8:25AM; Wb 210 Fy; http://bit.ly/2QajYKF ; #Sylmar; Acreage updated to over 4,700. Over 1,000 firefighters assigned to the incident. The super scoopers and Sky Crane are in operation this morning. At ... http://tinyurl.com/y3de88f8
- Over 1,000 firefighters assigned
- Super scoopers and the Sky Crane are in operation this morning
MANDATORY EVACUATIONS: Number of homes estimated at 12,700 (no change)
- Porter Ranch North of 118FY from Reseda to Iverson
- Oakridge Estates (north of 210FY)
- West of Balboa, North of Sesnon to the Ventura County border with DeSoto as the western border
- People and small pets:
- Sylmar Recreation Center (13109 Borden Ave)
- NEW: Northridge Recreation Center (18300 Lemarsh St)
- FULL: Granada Hills Recreation Center is now full and not able to accept any more residents.
- FULL: Mason Park (10,500 Mason Ave)
- Large Animals:
- Hansen Dam (11770 Foothill Blvd)
- If you need help with the evacuation of large animals, contact East Valley Animal Shelter 818-756-9323
STRUCTURES DESTROYED BY FIRE:
- At least 25 structures destroyed
- One firefighter with a minor eye injury
- One civilian suffered cardiac arrest and died at the hospital
More info about evacuation zones here: