It was a lackluster weekend at the box office to say the least. With no major movie releases until the following week, Labor Day weekend was another record low for the domestic movie-going market.
However, Christopher Nolan's 'Dunkirk' dominated the international box office by opening in China and Italy this weekend with an impressive $36.5 million generated in 60 markets, a global weekend of $40.625 million, an international cume to date of $280 million and a worldwide tally that stands at $458.8m million and counting.
1. The Hitman's Bodyguard - Lionsgate - $10.2M
2. Annabelle: Creation - Warner Bros. - $7.3M
3. Wind River - The Weinstein Company - $5.9M
4. Leap! - The Weinstein Company - $4.9M
5. Logan Lucky - Bleecker Street - $4.4M
6. Dunkirk - Warner Bros. - $4.1M
7. Spider-Man: Homecoming - Sony - $3.6M
8. The Emoji Movie - Sony - $2.5M
9. Despicable Me 3 - Universal - $2.4M
10. Girls Trip - Universal - $2.3M