Disney's much-anticipated 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' got a head start this weekend, topping the global chart to the tune of $101.2 million in 37 international territories in anticipation of its North American debut later this week.
The film is going to officially kick off the summer movie season and looks to have a spectacular showing as enthusiastic fans line up to see Star-Lord and his unusual band of intergalactic compatriots do their thing accompanied by a killer soundtrack of classic songs.
1. The Fate Of The Furious – Universal – $19.4M
2. How To Be A Latin Lover – Lionsgate – $12.0M
3. Baahubali: The Conclusion – Great India Films – $10.1M
4. The Circle – STX Entertainment – $9.3M
5. The Boss Baby – 20th Century Fox – $9.1M
6. Beauty And The Beast – Disney – $6.4M
7. Going In Style – Warner Bros. – $3.6M
8. Smurfs: The Lost Village – Sony – $3.3M
9. Gifted – Fox Searchlight – $3.3M
10. Unforgettable – Warner Bros. – $2.3M
Domestic box office results according to comScore