Did you know that plenty of people cook with Coca-Cola? Turns out it can make for a delicious flavor addition for Corned Beef & Cabbage! St. Patrick’s Day is, of course, Corned Beef & Cabbage Day, so we’re sharing a recipe from one of our favorite soda pop companies.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 4 Pounds corned brisket of beef, trimmed of fat
- 12 Ounces Coca-Cola
- 4 large carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 parsnips, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 medium onions, cut into large chunks
- 5 large potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1 large head of green cabbage
- 1 Teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 Spice packet (this should be included with your brisket)
• Total Time: 4 hr 40 min
• Prep Time: 40 min
• Cook Time: 4 hr
WHAT TO DO:
Firstly, rinse corned beef and pat dry.
Meanwhile, preheat a large pan over high heat and brown the roast on all sides.
The put the brisket into a large pot with the spices and herbs.
Next, add the Coca-Cola and water until the brisket is covered.
Then bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer and cook covered for 2 hours.
After that, cut the cabbage in quarters and add to the pot with vegetables.
Cook for another 1-2 hours or until the meat and vegetables are soft and tender Slice corned beef and serve with the vegetables
Makes 8 servings
Enjoy with a glass of Guinness!