The Lego Batman Movie topped the box office for a second consecutive week. In second place, 50 Shades Darker continued its impressive showing and The Great Wall placed third in its opening weekend.
According to comScore's Senior Media Analyst Paul Dergarabedian: "Universal's Fifty Shades Darker dominates the global box office once again this week with an impressive $64.7 million worldwide, with over $43.7 million generated in 59 international territories and $276.9 million to date. The Lego Batman Movie from Warner Bros also had a strong second weekend piecing together a $55.7 million performance and is now at $170.8 million worldwide. Universal's The Great Wall opened in North America this weekend and has now banked $262.7 million at the global box office."
- The Lego Batman Movie – Warner Bros. – $34.2M
- Fifty Shades Darker – Universal – $21.0M
- The Great Wall – Universal – $18.1M
- John Wick: Chapter Two – Lionsgate – $16.5M
- Fist Fight – Warner Bros. – $12.0M
- Hidden Figures – 20th Century Fox – $7.1M
- Split – Universal – $7.0M
- A Dog's Purpose – Universal – $5.6M
- La La Land – Lionsgate – $4.5M
- A Cure For Wellness – 20th Century Fox – $4.2M
- Lion – The Weinstein Company – $4.1M
- Rings – Paramount – $2.2M
*Domestic box office results