It's National Spicy Guacamole Day on this manic Monday! Chipotle has a great 'not-so-secret' recipe for you to spice up your dinner tonight.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 2 ripe Hass avocados (In the restaurant, Chipotle uses 48 per batch, multiple times per day)
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp cilantro (chopped)
- 1/4 cup red onion (finely chopped)
- 1/2 jalapeño, including seeds (finely chopped)
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
WHAT TO DO:
Choose the right avocado. It should feel squishy yet firm (like the palm of your hand), and be a nice dark green color on the outside.
2. Cut the avocado in half and then remove the pit (carefully!)
3. Scoop the avocados and place in a medium bowl.
4. Toss and coat with lime juice.
5. Add the salt and using a fork or potato masher, mash until a smooth consistency is achieved.
6. Fold in the remaining ingredients and mix well.
7. Taste the guacamole (over and over) and adjust seasoning if necessary.
Get your favorite dipping chips, crackers… whatever and dip away! For ALL THINGS guacamole, click here.