Are we surprised? The norm when there is a new animated/live animation film released… it rises to the top of the box office for one or two weeks, if not more. Therefore, 'Batman V Superman' continues to fall to fourth place as 'The Jungle Book' hits #1 in its first week.
comscore reports that Disney made it rumble in the jungle at the global box office this weekend as 'The Jungle Book' earned an amazing $240 million, including $103.6 million in its number one North America debut, making it the second largest April opening in history and the highest April opening for a PG-rated release.
- The Jungle Book – Disney – $103.6M
- Barbershop: The Next Cut – Warner Bros. – $20.2M
- The Boss – Universal – $10.2M
- Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice – Warner Bros. – $9.0M
- Zootopia – Disney – $8.2M
- Criminal – Lionsgate – $5.8M
- My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 – Universal – $3.3M
- Miracles From Heaven – Sony – $1.9M
- God's Not Dead 2 – Pure Flix – $1.7M
- Eye In The Sky – Bleecker Street – $1.6M