On Monday January 18th, the world celebrates Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s “I Have A Dream” speech.
On this day over 53 years ago, Martin Luther King Jr. led the March on Washington, a political rally of some 200,000 to 300,000 people to the nation’s capital, where King, standing in front of the Lincoln Memorial, delivered his historic and world inspiring speech.
Spread your thoughts and commemorate on social media with the hashtag: #MLKDay
Celebrations and events will be occurring throughout Los Angeles on Monday:
- 31st Annual Kingdom Day Parade is the largest parade in the country celebrating Dr. King.
- California African American Museum will have their annual “Cake For King” Community Celebration.
- The Pasadena MLK Community Coalition will be hosting five events that include poetry readings, essay and art presentations.
- For more events in LA visit: redtri.com – search MLK Day
- To join in and volunteer and give your service for the day visit: http://www.nationalservice.gov/mlkday