LG Electronics is moving the industry's most advanced video display technology from an aspirational, early-adopter product to a mainstream category.
LG is announcing 30- to 45-percent price reductions for the new flat EF9500 series and curved EG9600 series 4K Ultra HD OLED TVs. Further taking OLED technology from the realm of premium products to the mass market, LG also is introducing sub-$2,000 prices for Full HD OLED TVs for the first time in the industry.
In less than a year, LG has tripled the number of models in its OLED TV portfolio. LG OLED TVs are now available in 55-, 65-, and 77-inch class sizes, both curved and flat, and 1080p Full HD and 4K Ultra HD resolutions. The LG OLED category will be a highlight of the Custom Electronic Design and Installation Association's annual trade show next week in Dallas. LG OLED is the Exclusive CEDIA Expo 2015 Partner.
Available nationwide through big-box retailers, regional dealers and specialty and custom-installation retailers, LG OLED TVS are now priced comparably to many of today's premium LCD/LED TVs. New LG OLED TV pricing is effective now and instant rebates are in effect for the remainder of the year:
EF9500 Series: Flat OLED 4K Ultra HD TVs
The world's first HDR-capable OLED TVs allow consumers to display high dynamic range (HDR) content from both streaming content partners and external source devices.
- 55-inch class (54.6 inches diagonal) 55EF9500 (New net price – $2,999)
- Price move from $5,499 to $3,999, less $1,000 instant rebate available through the end of 2015.
- 65-inch class (64.5 inches diagonal) 65EF9500 (New net price – $4,999)
- Price move from $6,999 to $5,999, less $1,000 instant rebate available through the end of 2015.
LG's EF9500 series TVs are the first OLED 4K TVs to be ENERGY STAR® certified.
EG9600: Art Slim Curved OLED 4K TVs
Created with Art Slim design technology to beautifully complement any interior decor, this series is receiving a firmware update that enables consumers to stream HDR content from current and future streaming content providers.
- 55-inch class (54.6 inches diagonal) 55EG9600 (New net price – $2,999)
- Price move from $5,499 to $3,999 less $1000 instant rebate available through the end of 2015.
- 65-inch class (64.5 inches diagonal) 65EG9600 (New net price – $4,999)
- Price move from $6,999 to $5,999 less $1000 instant rebate available through the end of 2015.
55EG9100: Full HD Curved OLED TV
Model 55EG9100 with webOS is the successor to LG's critically acclaimed 55EC9300 55-inch class Full HD curved OLED TV, offering the best 1080p picture quality available today – with perfect blacks and incredible color, even at wider viewing angles.
- 55-inch class (54.6 inches diagonal) 55EG9100 (Net price – $1,999)
- Priced at $2,499, less instant rebate of $500, starting week of Oct. 18.
Both the new 55EG9100 and its predecessor, the 55EC9300, are ENERGY STAR certified. The 55EC9300 is now available at the record-low price of $1,799 while supplies last.