Photo Credit: Chris Weeks/Getty Images
UNIQLO and Pharrell Williams hosted a “A Warm Gesture” charity shopping event this morning at UNIQLO’s Beverly Center store. Partnering with the Los Angeles Homeless Services Authority (LAHSA), the event provided an unforgettable shopping experience for children in need this holiday season. Each child was given shopping tokens to shop with, and store personnel on hand to help kids select their favorite UNIQLO items. Pharrell made a personal appearance at the private event creating a truly memorable experience for the kids.
The event was the kick-off to the Thank You Los Angeles events taking place on Saturday, December 13th where UNIQLO will be hosting several complimentary activities as a ‘thank you” to the community for their warm and hospitable welcome. UNIQLO opened four stores this fall at South Coast Plaza in Costa Mesa, Glendale Galleria in Glendale, Northridge Fashion Center in Northridge and Beverly Center in Los Angeles. Other events:
- Lolli & Pops: Complimentary Candy at all UNIQLO LA Stores, including the Santa Monica Place Pop-Up Shop. Lolli & Pops offers unique sweets from all over the world, including chocolate from Madagascar, sourbelts from Spain, and sodas from Japan, sourced from famed producers and local artisans, changing daily with batch size and availability. (http://lolliandpops.com/)
- The Pacific Wheel at Santa Monica Pier: 1000 Rides Courtesy of UNIQLO. The world’s only solar-powered Ferris wheel gives visitors a panoramic view of the Southern California coastline from more than 130 feet above the Santa Monica Pier. (http://pacpark.com/)
- LA Zoo – 1000 Tickets Courtesy of UNIQLO. The Zoo is home to more than 1,100 mammals, birds, amphibians and reptiles representing more than 250 different species of which 29 are endangered. In addition, the Zoo’s botanical collection comprises several planted gardens and over 800 different plant species with over 7,400 individual plants. (http://www.lazoo.org)
- Holiday Ice Rink at Pershing Square – Complimentary Winter Festival Admission and Skate Rental. Celebrating its 16th season at Pershing Square, 532 South Olive, the spacious rink is made possible through collaboration with the City of Los Angeles Department of Recreation and Parks, Councilmember 14th District, and Willy Bietak Productions which handles rink operations and management. (http://holidayicerinkdowntownla.com)
- Soul Cycle – Complimentary classes at the Beverly Hills, Newport Beach and Santa Monica locations. SoulCycle trains world-class instructors to teach the SoulCycle method which engages and empowers riders in a way that leaves them mentally and physically stronger than when they arrived. (https://www.soul-cycle.com)
- Diddy Riese – 2000 Complimentary Ice Cream Sandwiches. Diddy Riese Cookies (named after their beloved Grandmother) first opened its doors in 1983 and is known for their signature custom-made ice cream sandwiches, where you can choose from ten varieties of freshly baked cookies and from twelve flavors of Dreyers premium grand ice cream. (http://diddyriese.com)
- Short Order – 1000 Complimentary Burgers. Short Order, located at the Original Farmers Market, celebrates classic Americana with traceable, wholesome, clean ingredients. Every item is created emphasizing local, organic, artisanal and handmade products and all of their beef is humanely raised, organic, pastured, grass fed, antibiotic and hormone-free and fed a natural diet free of any GMOs.