Lord & Taylor unveiled its annual holiday windows last night with a performance along Fifth Avenue by Nick Jonas.
Jonas joined the retailer in unveiling the windows and performed two traditional holiday songs as well as two songs from his recently released self-titled solo debut, including his chart-topping single and radio hit, “Jealous”. Following his performance, Nick Jonas made an in-store appearance, where he took photos with customers and handed out signed copies of his recently released self-titled album.
- Guests on Fifth Avenue will embark on a state-of-the-art journey through the imagination, exploring the whimsical interiors of an enchanted mansion on the eve of the holidays. Rooms including “The Heritage Gallery” and the “Hall of Wisdom” are filled with surprises to delight and entertain, honoring the building’s 100-year history in decidedly modern fashion.
- For the very first time, Lord & Taylor introduced video wall technology into its elaborate window settings.
- During the holidays, over 250,000 people pass by the Lord & Taylor windows daily; between Thanksgiving and Christmas, over 8 million customers will visit the store.
- The windows were created by a team of over 50 people over the course of nine months.
- The window sets weigh up to 2,000 pounds and are the only department store windows on hydraulics.
- The windows were created in a workshop underneath the Fifth Avenue sidewalk and were then moved onto street level.