dick clark productions (dcp) announced today that Ryan Seacrest has extended his deal to continue to host and executive produce “Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve with Ryan Seacrest” for a multi-year term. The show will again be broadcast on ABC on December 31 st.
Seacrest has been involved with the show since December 2005, when he joined Dick Clark for the New Year’s Eve special as a co-host. Last year, with Clark’s passing, Seacrest became the sole host of the show, which dedicated a full 2-hour tribute to the original host, and was the most watched New Year’s Eve special in the U.S. with 22.6 million viewers. The show is a presentation of dick clark productions with Ryan Seacrest and Allen Shapiro serving as executive producers, and Larry Klein as producer.
“I think I will forever be both sentimental and grateful about my experiences with ‘Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve’,” said Ryan Seacrest. “Allen and the DCP team, as well as everyone at ABC are my valued partners in carrying Dick’s vision forward. I’m humbled by their continued faith, and excited to work together to create new traditions and fun moments on the show that only live television can deliver.”
“Ryan and I started this partnership together in 2005. He has been a key factor in the extended and expanded success of the show,” said Allen Shapiro, CEO of dick clark productions. “It’s very difficult to take over a franchise created by an icon and grow it. Ryan has done just that.”