Whether you're a recreational runner or a competitive one, recovery should be a big part of your training and workout schedule! If you've ever suffered from a sprain or injury (and most of us have), then icing and compression is important. These are a few must-have items I love for all recovery components: Icing, Taping, Compression, Rolling!
ICING – PAINCAKES
I'm always on the go. Even when I'm in recovery after a race or a summit run, I'm usually stretching. I love the Paincakes because they stick on any part of my body and I can move around! They have MINIS, which I love for my ankles and wrists – LARGE, which are great for knees – and THE WRAP for shouders, arms, etc.
- Hands-free design allows you to be active while you recover (Just Chill, Stick & Go!)
- ‘3D Flex Tech’ design instantly conforms around ANY pain point on your body
- ‘Hyper Stick Gel’ ensures that you can move, turn or shake and your PainCakes® won’t fall off
- Helps relieve pain associated with plantar fasciitis, carpal tunnel, arthritis, migraines & much more
- Reusable up to 100 times
- Silicone & Latex Free
COMPRESSION – KUNTO
After I sprained my ankle for the second time, I was hesitant to get back into racing. I returned to racing with two back-to-back triathlon sprints. I was scared my ankle would roll in the sand and transitioning from bike to run. Luckily, I used the KUNTO compression sleeves for my ankle. I felt like my ankle was protected whether I was barefoot running in the ocean, walking or rushing to put my running sneakers on mid-race. They have sleeves for your ankle, knee and elbows.
- Get Relief from Arthritis, Plantar Fasciitis, Sprains, Swelling, and other Ankle Aches.
- Good for Injury Prevention, Injury Recovery, or Just for Support.
TAPING – M7 SPORTS TAPE
Taping is confusing, let's face it. I've definitely taped in the past and I ended up looking like a mummy because I had no idea what I was doing. I like M7 Sports Tape because it gives you a step-by-step instructional number system. Easy to wrap and stays on during your run.
The pre-cut ankle tape addresses issues such as: ankle pain, ankle sprain, swollen ankles, Achilles Tendon pain, Plantar Fasciitis pain.
ROLLING – GAIAM FOAM ROLLER
Honestly, this is my go-to roller. I like the smoother surface and it's large for mobility across my shins, thighs and hamstrings. Gaiam's 18” Marbled Foam Roller has a smooth surface which evenly massages and soothes muscles and fascia. Great for lighter rolling.