Discogs confirms the Most Expensive Item Sold for August 2018 is a 2xLP Red Color Variant Japanese Promo of Pink Floyd's "Ummagumma," which went for $13,953USD. The "Ummagumma" white label, red vinyl variant promo is ultra-rare amongst Pink Floyd releases, as the red variant was used only for promo while the black color variant was stock. This is contrary to typical releases at the time, where black vinyl was used for both promo and stock. Discogs' Discography Specialist Brent Greissle adds, “Given that it’s Floyd, I’d assume not many promo copies were made, given the lack of actual effort needed to promote it. I’d also assume that radio stations would have played their copies to death, so good, clean copies would be hyper-rare.”
Hyper-Rare Pink Floyd Vinyl Sells For Nearly $14,000 Via Discogs
Share this article:
More From LATF USA
- Milan-Cortina d'Ampezzo, Italy To Host The 2026 Winter Olympics
- Tune In: FOX Announces Fall Premiere Dates
- 2019 BET Awards: And The Winners Are...
- Box Office: "Toy Story" Earns $238 Million Worldwide
- New Look From Disney's 'The Lion King'
- Travel Spotlight: Summit Fun Zone Is Big Bear's Palace
- Summer Travel: Hot Tips To Help You Keep Your Cool
- First Look: 'Stranger Things 3' Trailer
- David Gilmour's Guitars See Largest Auction Sale In History For $21 Million
- Weekly Top Ten Chart