According to comScore, the box office is 'Bourne' again in China as Universal's 'Jason Bourne' was the No. 1 film there this week and by virtue of this performance was pushed to the number one spot globally with $62 million over the weekend.
Having opened in China on Tuesday, the box office through Sunday is an impressive $50 million and has already passed the lifetime box office of all the Bourne films in this all-important moviegoing territory. At the domestic box office, horror came out on top with "Don't Breathe" bumping "Suicide Squad" out of the number one spot.
1. Don't Breathe - Sony - $26.1M
2. Suicide Squad - Warner Bros. - $12.1M
3. Kubo And The Two Strings - Focus Features - $7.9M
4. Sausage Party - Sony - $7.7M
5. Mechanic: Resurrection - Lionsgate - $7.5M
6. Pete's Dragon - Disney - $7.3M
7. War Dogs - Warner Bros. - $7.3M
8. Bad Moms - STX Entertainment - $5.8M
9. Jason Bourne - Universal - $5.2M
10. Ben-Hur - Paramount - $4.5M