Toshiba‘s Digital Products Division announced the L9300 Series of 4K Ultra HD TVs available Summer 2013. Featuring four times the resolution of today’s 1080p full HD TVs, the new Toshiba L9300 Series TVs deliver the ultimate viewing experience for movies, TV shows, video games, photo viewing and PC applications. Powered by Toshiba’s proprietary CEVO 4K Quad+Dual Core Processor, L9300 Series TVs deliver the highest quality UltraHD image processing, including Resolution Restoration to restore clean near UltraHD image quality from less than 4K content, Color Gamut Enhancement to create color intensity that matches the resolution impact and Surface Brilliance Enhancement that brings images to life like never before.
In addition to UltraHD image processing, the L9300 Series includes a suite of technologies that enhance picture quality, including:
- ClearScan™ 240Hz refresh rate technology creates clearer and smoother fast motion video.
- CQ Engine™ technology offers consumers superior picture quality controls, including Edge Enhancer, Dynamic Gamma, Color Master and Expert Mode Calibration Capability, and new UltraClear Dynamic Noise Reduction to create cleaner images without sacrificing image detail.
- Color and Depth Adaptive Resolution+ to help create images with enhanced image resolution, lifelike color saturation and incredible picture depth.
Advanced Cloud TV
Offering a smarter connected experience, the L9300 Series includes advanced Cloud TV functionality. Cloud TV takes the connected experience to another level by offering easy, personalized content discovery and acquisition, including news content; better mobile device interactivity; practical social interaction services, server-based upgradability and much more. Some of the key initial Cloud TV features and services include:
- Family Calendar to share family events
- Personal Messaging to send and receive messages from family and friends
- Photo Album to share digital photos
- Streaming News to view news videos and slide shows
- MediaShare to access content from other DLNA-enabled devices
- MediaGuide, a TV programming guide with advanced search capabilities and program recommendations
- Built-in Wi-Fi®, Miracast™ and WiDi for both router and peer-to-peer wireless capabilities