Celebrity hairstylist Tyler Johnston created Sofia Vergara‘s stunning hair for the Miami premiere of her new Netflix series “Griselda” using Schwarzkopf’s OSiS+ products.
Tyler’s inspiration: An 80s inspired look, by dropping the hair back over one side of the shoulder & given lift to the crown area. It gave an 80s feel to the hair which mirrored the incredible outfit that Sofia was wearing.
Here’s how to get the look step-by-step:
- He started the haircut by lifting the outline length so it drops just past the shoulders.
- Point cut the outline to create softness.
- Then cut some very long layers into the internal shape, again using the points of my scissors to create softness.
- Tyler then shaped the outline through the front so that it gave really beautiful face framing, this is key to the overall shape and look, it gives modernity and personalizes the finished look.
- For the blow dry Tyler used the OSiS Grip Extreme Hold Mousse and gave the hair a full blow out.
- He then worked with a large barrel tong and created texture around the mid length sections leaving the ends out, this gives a more modern feel.
- After leaving the sections to cool down, he worked with a bristle brush and worked the hair so that it creates a modern contoured wave.
- At the root area on top of the crown Tyler slightly lifted the roots to give a classic retro feel but still keeping it modern.
- He used OSiS Dust It around this area to give more support and hold
- Then added a fine mist of OSiS Freeze Medium Hold Hairspray overall to hold the shape and give a sheen like modern finish.
What to use:
- OSIS Grip Extreme Hold Mousse: Provides a fuller hair feel and a strong grip while adding a natural looking shine. Added bonus it reduces static, tames frizz, and offers heat protection up to 450°F
- Dust It Mattifying Volume Powder: Adds strong texture, volume, & root lift. Delivers a strong grip with a matte finish.
- OSiS Freeze Medium Hold Hairspray: Offers strong control and is easy to brush without flakes with heat protection up to 450°F. Added bonus, the formula is vegan.