Neiman Marcus launched its Holiday 2022 campaign titled Make the Moment.
This brand new, company-wide endeavor incorporates a 360° approach, inspiring joyful festivity, new twists on traditions, and big-hearted inspiration across advertising, in-store visuals, special events, digital content, and videos, as well as the revered Christmas Book and annual Fantasy Gifts.
“Our Make the Moment campaign is an extension of our brand idea, Live Your Luxury,” says Darren “Daz” McColl, Chief Marketing Officer, Neiman Marcus. “It takes the freedom and the boldness of individual style and places it in a holiday setting, where highly memorable, tradition-twisting moments are made. It’s a celebration of optimism and inclusivity in which relationships are cherished. Our Make the Moment stories highlight Neiman Marcus’ unique ability to curate and deliver the extraordinary.”
Make the Moment‘s anchor element is the beloved Christmas Book, Neiman Marcus’ annual tome dedicated to seasonal shopping and festive finery. (The Christmas Book has been continuously reimagined for over ninety years.) Ultimately, the spirit is ebullient, the mood is high, and the smiles are wide as this family celebrates the night before with kid-like mischief (piling a golf cart high with gourmet treats, for one) and, of course, the boldest and chicest of the season’s sartorial offerings, with over 260 brands — ranging from Saint Laurent to Christian Louboutin to Moncler — featured in the mix.
The Christmas Book features a unique new feature for 2022: an Augmented Reality (AR) experience activated by a QR code on the cover, which empowers customers to become their own creators. Neiman Marcus has created a series of AR experience filters: A “NM Christmas Tree” and a “NM Christmas book.” When scanning the QR code, smartphones will automatically open Instagram stories, with both filters at the ready. The Christmas Tree filter allows for the virtual decoration of a tree that you can virtually place inside your home, office, by the pool or wherever you choose, while the Christmas Book filter inspires customers to take a photograph that will function as a custom cover shot, so you can appear as part of the traditional Christmas Book cover.
Make the Moment also serves as a complementary vehicle to launch Neiman Marcus’ dedicated Ski & Snow collection. This distinct curation—with a dedicated section in campaign and The Book-–includes both technical-wear and après ski essentials. Ski and snow, in addition to the categories above, will be promoted throughout Make the Moment‘s omni-channel campaign.
Neiman Marcus style advisors are on hand to assist and curate customers’ holiday season dressing needs, with inspiration from Make the Moment or if going a different route (a moment is only a moment if it’s individual and special to the creator). From exclusive gifts to home decor and entertaining essentials, style advisors are there to help create your gifting moments, guiding customers every step of the way through in-store consultations or virtual video calls, emails, texts, or direct messages. Neiman Marcus’ inCircle program is available to offer services such as gift wrapping, boxing, and more.
Featured in The Christmas Book are Neiman Marcus’ famed Fantasy Gifts, which, in 2022, are all about creating unforgettable and inimitable moments in line with the campaign’s name. Bold, thrilling, joyful, and philanthropic (proceeds from Fantasy Gift sales are donated to a range of charitable causes), these one-of-a-kind exclusive creations include:
- A Regal Moment: A Cartier tiara, which may be converted to a necklace, of over 600 diamonds circa 1935 ($3.2 million). Charitable giving: The Heart of Neiman Marcus.
- A Dream Moment: A custom Maserati Grecale Trofeo SUV rendered in collaboration with Mattel’s Barbie (including a Barbie pink paint scheme, $330,000). Charitable giving: Barbie Dream Gap Project, an ongoing global initiative that partners with charities to help remove barriers by providing equal opportunities for girls.
- An Equestrian Moment: An exclusive trip to Aspen to participate in private polo lessons with Ignacio “Nacho” Figueras and Melissa Ganzi (while staying in the ultra-luxe St. Regis and attending the Aspen Polo Tournament, $295,000). Charitable giving: Boys & Girls Club of Palm Beach County- Neil S. Hirsch Family Boys & Girls Club of Wellington
- A Festive Moment: A custom curation of holiday decorations by Jim Marvin, the beloved master of special-occasion staging ($190,000). Charitable giving: The Heart of Neiman Marcus.
- A Connoisseur Moment: A Hestan Napa Valley luxury weekend, including intimate cooking classes with renowned Chef Thomas Keller. To also include a round of golf with Chef Keller and Hestan CEO and Founder Stanley Cheng, dinner at the French Laundry and other exquisite dining experiences, and an exclusive Hestan CopperBond cookware set ($175,000). Charitable giving: The Keller Restaurant Relief Fund, which supports members in need from the restaurant community.
- A Sweet Moment: A custom space-themed mini-golf course installation at home by the experiential art maestros Sweet Tooth Hotel ($200,000). Charitable giving: The Boys & Girls Club of America.
- A Bespoke Moment: A personalized reinterpretation of a signature fragrance and Parisian escape with the perfumer Maison Francis Kurkdjian ($65,000). Charitable giving: The Heart of Neiman Marcus.
- An All-Star Moment: Shoot hoops with none other than NBA legend Scottie Pippen and his son, Lakers guard Scotty Pippen Jr. ($333,333). Charitable giving: Chi Prep Academy, a non-profit private high school that focuses on introducing athletes to business practices as they relate to sports.
This holiday season, Neiman Marcus is proud to back another philanthropic endeavor: The company is a long-standing partner of Boys & Girls Clubs of America, whose dedicated mission is to build great futures for all young people by addressing issues including food insecurity, lack of academic access, and inequality. Neiman Marcus has donated more than $1,000,000 over time, and invites customers to make online and in-store donations to Boys & Girls Clubs of America (Neiman Marcus credit card holders may also donate).
The Holiday 2022 campaign is now viewable online at NeimanMarcus.com and all Neiman Marcus stores.