HP Inc. announced five new Chromebooks to help teachers and students stay connected, productive, focused, and secure whether at home, in the classroom, or a blend of both.
The PC has never been more essential in education. There has been a 46% increase in device shipments for teachers and students over the past year and 66% of teachers expect blended learning to continue after the pandemic.
With nearly 70% of teachers and students feeling less connected to each other during the pandemic, HP’s technology solutions foster collaboration and community during this time of unprecedented change, ensuring teachers can find new ways to connect with students, and students can be seen and heard regardless of their location.
“HP is committed to enabling better learning outcomes for 100 million people by 2025. With education no longer confined to the four walls of the classroom, HP is creating technology that helps teachers, students, as well as parents, thrive in blended learning environments,” said Bill Avey, General Manager and Global Head of Education, Personal Systems, HP Inc. “HP’s innovative Chromebook lineup gives educators and students access to flexible, engaging, and personalized devices that are critical to ensuring a quality education.”
Teaching From Anywhere
The HP Chromebook 14 G7, powered with the latest Intel® processors, is an essential device that helps teachers create and deliver classroom materials in today’s blended learning environment. The 14-inch diagonal screen, ultra-wide HD webcam, and dual microphones, make virtual classrooms feel like the real thing. Multiple HDMI and USB-C® ports make it easy to add displays and accessories for even more space to watch students and the syllabus. Additionally, teachers can work confidently, protected by Chrome OS multilayered security, while IT teams can easily deploy and manage users and devices with Chrome Education Upgrade.
Unlocking Student Potential
HP added new Chromebooks to its Education Edition portfolio, designed to enhance the student learning experience. Students can stay productive without worrying about recharging their device during the school day with its long battery life. The full-skirted anchored keyboard prevents keys from being removed, and resists spills up to 11.8 oz (350 ml). With HP Classroom Manager, students experience a user-friendly virtual environment that allows teachers to remotely control students’ web and app use, conduct real-time checks for understanding, and check on student well-being through private chat. IT teams can implement Chrome Education Upgrade8 to easily deploy and manage devices.
- The HP Chromebook x360 11 G4 EE, powered by the latest Intel® Celeron® multi-core processor, adapts to the unique learning styles of students in the classroom and home. With a 360-degree hinge, a damage-resistant touchscreen, and the optional USI Garaged Pen, students can flip and fold the device to create, edit, write, and draw in four modes: laptop, tablet, tent, or stand. The integrated HD camera and optional 8 MP auto-focusing world-facing camera let students be seen more clearly to ensure class material is being understood, and better microphones means students can be heard without hunching over their screens. Wi-Fi 6 and HP Extended Range Wireless LAN improve connectivity when there are multiple people working and learning from home, or together at school.
- The HP Chromebook 11 G9 EE and the HP Chromebook 11MK G9 EE help students reach their potential with cloud-first learning. Powered by Intel or MediaTek processors, busy students can work more efficiently on multiple assignments and learn from anywhere with fast, reliable wireless connections. The HP Chromebook 11MK G9 has a battery life of up to 16 hours to last beyond the school day.
- The HP Chromebook x360 11MK G3 EE, powered by MediaTek processors, empowers students with a personalized interactive, cloud-based learning experience. Students can learn in the way that best suits them with the 360-degree hinge.
HP Future of Education
Experience the company’s vision for the future of education and immerse in the 3D HP City of Education to see the new solutions designed to support learning for everyone and everywhere. Gain valuable insights through the company’s packed agenda of live sessions taking place January 20 – 22, 2021. Learn more at: https://hpfutureofeducation.com/
- HP Chromebook 14 G7 is expected to be available in February.
- HP Chromebook x360 11 G4 EE is expected to be available in March.
- HP Chromebook 11 G9 EE is expected to be available in February.
- HP Chromebook 11MK G9 EE is expected to be available later in January.
- HP Chromebook x360 11MK G3 EE is expected to be available later in January.
Learn more information about HP Education Solutions here.