According to COMSCORE, Disney's 'The Lion King' roared to a global weekend of $454.4 million, the 9th highest global debut of all time and with the addition of China, where the film has earned an estimated $98 million since opening July 12, the worldwide cume to date is an estimated $531 million over 10 days, already the #7 film of the year.
Internationally, 'The Lion King' added another $269 million this weekend (the 8th biggest of all-time even with China opening last weekend) to take the international cume to $346 million and if that wasn't enough, the film opened at #1 across all international markets.
The top 3 worldwide weekend box office estimates:
1. Lion King, The – Disney – $454.4M
2. Spider-Man: Far From Home – Sony – $58.2M
3. Toy Story 4 – Disney – $40.4M
The top 3 domestic weekend box office estimates:
1. Lion King, The – Disney – $185.0M
2. Spider-Man: Far From Home – Sony – $21.0M
3. Toy Story 4 – Disney – $14.6M