According to Comscore, following its strong global opening last weekend, Disney's 'The Lion King' posted an estimated $218.3 million globally this weekend to take the cume to $962.7 million to date, making it the #5 global release of 2019.
The domestic cume is $350.8 million, the #4 release of the year after just 10 days of release. Notably, the animated Chinese title 'Ne Zha' earned a massive $83.1 million this weekend for a cume to date of $92.3 million.
The top 3 worldwide weekend box office estimates:
1. Lion King, The – Disney – $218.3M
2. Ne Zha – Huoerguosi Enlight Media – $83.1M
3. Once Upon A Time In Hollywood – Sony – $40.4M
The top 3 domestic weekend box office estimates:
1. Lion King, The – Disney – $75.5M
2. Once Upon A Time In Hollywood – Sony – $40.4M
3. Spider-Man: Far From Home – Sony – $12.2M