The Fourth of July is just days away and the personal-finance website WalletHub has released its report on 2017's Best & Worst Places to Celebrate 4th of July in Los Angeles as well as interesting stats about the holiday in its Independence Day Facts & Figures infographic.
To determine the best places to celebrate the most star-spangled occasion, WalletHub’s data team compared the 100 largest U.S. cities based on how well they balance holiday cost and fun. The data set of 18 key metrics ranges from average beer and wine prices to duration of fireworks shows to Fourth of July weather forecast.
Celebrating Fourth of July in Los Angeles (1=Best; 50=Avg.):
- 17th – Walkability
- 1st – Legality of Fireworks
- 5th – Number of Fourth of July Festivals & Performances
- 5th – Avg. Price of Fourth of July Party Ticket
- 1st – Prevalence of Affordable 4.5+ Star Restaurants
- 18th – Fourth of July Weather Forecast
- 15th – Duration of Fireworks Show
Independence Day Facts & Figures:
- $7.15 Billion: Amount Americans plan to spend on Fourth of July food.
- $1.6+ Billion: Amount we plan to spend on Fourth of July beer and wine.
- $800+ Million: Amount we’re expected to spend on fireworks (67 percent of fireworks injuries occur within a month of July 4).
- 44.2 Million: Record number of people who will travel 50+ miles from home this Fourth of July.
To view the full infographic, please visit: https://wallethub.com/blog/4th-of-july-facts/22075/