Animation always conquers at the box office. According to comScore's Senior Media Analyst Paul Dergarabedian, Walt Disney Animation Studios' 'Zootopia' worked its magic once again this weekend with a roaring $133 million global weekend. Internationally, 'Zootopia' took in an additional $83.1 million, up 25% from the prior weekend taking its total to $288.7M for a combined global tally to date of $431.315 million.
Notably, Lionsgate's 'The Divergent Series: Allegiant' opens with $26.7 million in 45 territories one week ahead of its North American release coming this Friday.
- Zootopia – Disney – $50.0M
- 10 Cloverfield Lane – Paramount – $25.2M
- Deadpool – 20th Century Fox – $10.8M
- London Has Fallen – Focus Features – $10.7M
- Whiskey Tango Foxtrot – Paramount – $4.6M
- The Perfect Match – Lionsgate – $4.2M
- The Young Messiah – Focus Features – $3.4M
- The Brothers Grimsby – Sony – $3.1M
- Gods Of Egypt – Lionsgate – $2.5M
- Risen – Sony – $2.2M