Our trusty weekly box office analysts, Rentrak has changed up their name to comScore!
According to comScore's Senior Media Analyst Paul Dergarabedian, "Fox's 'Deadpool' cranked up the R-rated volume and in the process captured a massive global audience looking for an edgy twist on the superhero genre with a $260 million opening weekend and smashed expectations in the process. Meanwhile Chinese New Year had audiences in this powerhouse movie territory all abuzz with three homegrown titles taking the second, third and fourth place spots at the international box office."
1. Deadpool – 20th Century Fox – $135.0M
2. Kung Fu Panda 3 – 20th Century Fox – $19.6M
3. How To Be Single – Warner Bros. – $18.8M
4. Zoolander 2 – Paramount – $15.7M
5. The Revenant – 20th Century Fox – $6.9M
6. Hail, Caesar! – Universal – $6.6M
7. Star Wars: The Force Awakens – Disney – $6.2M
8. The Choice – Lionsgate – $5.2M
9. Ride Along 2 – Universal – $4.1M
10.The Boy – STX Entertainment – $2.9M
Check out LATF's movie reviews here: http://www.latfusa.com/category/film/movie-reviews/