The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association today provided the first glimpse of the 2016 Hollywood Bowl summer season, with the entire season to be announced in February 2016.
Legendary rock band Chicago is set for the July 4th Fireworks Spectacular, with three performances, July 2, 3, and 4. Joining the Grammy Hall of Famers is the Hollywood Bowl Orchestra, led by Principal Conductor Thomas Wilkins.
Dates for several of the popular annual concerts at the Hollywood bowl have also been set, including: Opening Night (June 18), Sing-A-Long Sound of Music(June 24), Smooth Summer Jazz (August 28), and "The Big Picture" Movie Night (September 4).
With the Hollywood Bowl serving as the summer home of the Los Angeles Philharmonic for more than 90 years, the 2016 season continues the tradition of offering classical concerts every Tuesday and Thursday night, with star-studded programming.
- Music & Artistic Director Gustavo Dudamel teaming up with superstar pianist Lang Lang to kick off the classical season with an exciting all-Tchaikovsky program.
- Conductor Mirga Grazinytė-Tyla joining beloved pianist Jean-Yves Thibaudet to perform music of Beethoven.
- Nicholas McGegan celebrating the 20th anniversary of his Hollywood Bowl debut with mezzo-soprano Susan Graham performing works by Handel.
- Bramwell Tovey leading programs of music inspired by Shakespeare and classic film scores.
- Andrew Manze conducting a program of Beethoven and Schubert, and Cristian Măcelaru leading works by Copland as well as a new violin concerto composed by Wynton Marsalis.
- Violinists Nicola Benedetti, Arabella Steinbacher and pianist Francesco Piemontesi making their Bowl debuts.
- Gustavo Dudamel leading the LA Phil and thrilling pianist Yuja Wang in a program of Gershwin and Ravel.
- Pianist Garrick Ohlsson making a welcome return to the Hollywood Bowl.
Tickets for the Hollywood Bowl 2016 summer season will be available online at HollywoodBowl.com or via phone at 323.850.2000 on the following dates:
- Subscription online renewals are available November 2, 2015.
- Subscription mail renewals will be available November 12, 2015.
- New subscriptions and group sales will be available February 9, 2016.
- "Five or More" packages will be available March 15, 2016.
- The Hollywood Bowl box office opens for single ticket sales in early May 2016.