As LA Animal Services continues to operate in alignment with the City of Los Angeles' response to help minimize the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19), we need YOUR help to ensure that the well-being of the animals in our care.
According to the World Health Organization, there has been no evidence that indicates that pets become ill with COVID-19 or that they spread it to other animals, including people. If you are considering surrendering your pet, we ask that you exhaust all options before starting the surrender process. If you still absolutely need to surrender your pet after reviewing all of your options, we may be able to help. Please do not bring a pet to one of our Animal Services Centers if you have not made an appointment.
Our Animals NEED Foster Volunteers and Adopters
Although we are closed to the public due to COVID-19, we are still getting animals in as our Officers find lost and injured animals in the community. We need to make space for these orphaned and abandoned animals in our Animal Services Centers.
We are under a City directive not to have more than 50 people assembled in our Centers, including staff. That is why we had to suspend volunteering at this time so we need help from the community more than ever!
If you want to foster, here are the steps to follow:
- Visit our website: www.laanimalservices.com to see our animals and identify one or two animals you may want to foster, and get their Animal ID number or A# (example:A1234567).
- Email the volunteer liaison at firstname.lastname@example.org with your completed foster application (if you have not fostered before) with the Animal ID number(s) of the pets you want to foster.
- Schedule an appointment by calling 888-452-7381.
If you want to adopt, here are the steps to follow:
- Visit our website www.laanimalservices.com and when you see a pet you want to adopt call 888-452-7381 with the Animal ID number or A# number (example: A1234567) and we will share all of the information we have regarding the pet with you.
- If you want to move forward with the paperwork to adopt this animal, we will obtain all information to complete the paperwork for adoption and schedule an appointment.
- During the appointment staff will be able to show you the selected animals. We may be able to show you a few additional animals if time allows. We have a directive to not have more than 50 people assembled at one time and that includes staff.
Please note that appointments will be scheduled after the vetting process. To comply with social distancing requirements, we will be scheduling appointments daily at our six LA Animal Services Centers from 11am to 4pm.
Making a Donation
We are very grateful for the support we receive from the community. If you are unable to foster or adopt an animal, your donation would be greatly appreciated.
If you are interested in donating to LA Animal Services directly, please click here. You can also go online to donate a Kuranda bed and have it sent directly to one of our Animal Services Centers, or you can order pet toys that can't get chewed up or swallowed, like Kong toys or balls, from our wish lists. For more information, please visit: http://www.laanimalservices.com/donate.
The work we are doing for the animals and people who love them is made possible by the generosity of our donors, volunteers, partners, and all animal-loving Angelenos. the animals thank you for your continued support.