United Airlines is upgrading its transcontinental service beginning July 1 including: adding Boston—San Francisco to its premium transcontinental route network, upgrading meal service and amenities for customers seated in business class and adding complimentary hot meal and beverage service for customers seated in Economy Plus.
These flights are available now for booking.
Elevating the Premium Transcontinental Service
Customers ticketed in premium transcontinental business class will enjoy a flat-bed seat and will benefit from enhanced food and beverage offerings inspired by United Polaris onboard dining, as well as deluxe amenities including:
- 180 degree flat-bed seats for a more relaxing and sleep-enhancing flight.
- Custom-designed duvet and pillow provided by leading luxury specialty store and New York-bred retailer Saks Fifth Avenue and new amenity kits designed by Saks that feature product from Soho House & Co's Cowshed Spa.
- A featured cocktail, the Moscow Mule by Crafthouse Cocktails. Created at a bar on the Sunset Strip in Los Angeles more than 75 years ago, the Moscow Mule will be accompanied by a candied ginger skewer and lime wedge.
- Hot towel service will be offered after take-off and prior to landing.
- Seasonally refreshed menus, developed in partnership with The Trotter Project and its critically recognized chefs including several from cities served by United's premium transcontinental service. The chefs include Della Gossett of Spago Beverly Hills, David LeFevre of California's Manhattan Beach Post, Mitchell Nordby of San Francisco's Parallel 37 at the Ritz Carlton Hotel and Michael Armstrong of New York's Dream Downtown and Bodega Negra. Sample fare includes pumpernickel and goat cheese crostini with mango relish and smoked sea salt; savory pan roasted chicken with kale pesto; orzo with grilled artichokes, a staple of California, and sautéed leaks; and braised short ribs with creamy goat cheese grits.
- Dining will be topped off with items inspired by the popular United Polaris dessert menu.
- Before arrival, snacks such as Boulder Canyon potato chips and Madik's almonds will be served.