Throughout his career, Harry Dean Stanton appeared in more than 200 films and 50 TV shows. The 91 year-old actor passed away on Friday at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, according to his agent, John S. Kelly.
Hollywood Says Goodbye To Beloved Character Actor Harry Dean Stanton
A character actor who often played haggard men, Stanton got his start in the early 1980s with the lead role in "Paris, Texas," which won a number of awards, including the Palme d'Or at the Cannes Film Festival.
Stanton was best known for his roles in "Repo Man," David Lynch's movies, HBO's "Big Love" and the "Twin Peaks TV series.
With endless credits, he was also seen in "Pretty In Pink," "Gunsmoke," "Cool Hand Luke," "Alien," "The Green Mile" and beyond.
David Lynch said in a statement via Showtime, "The great Harry Dean Stanton has left us. There went a great one. There's nobody like Harry Dean. Everyone loved him. And with good reason. He was a great actor (actually beyond great) - and a great human being - so great to be around him!!! You are really going to be missed Harry Dean!!! Loads of love to wherever you are now!!!"
Many actors and filmmakers expressed their loving thoughts towards Stanton via twitter, including James Woods who said, Saw this and I just jumped up out of my chair. I am devastated. I loved Harry Dean. Loved him. So much. OMG. #RIPHarryDeanStanton
Share this article:
More From LATF USA
- The NFL International Combine Is Heading To London
- West Hollywood Orders Vaccine Mandate
- Pfizer Vaccine Shows Positive Results For Kids Ages 5 to 11
- Discovery+ Premieres ELI ROTH PRESENTS: A GHOST RUINED MY LIFE This October
- 73rd Emmy® Awards: And The Winners Are...
- Celebrate 12th annual National Dance Day With American Dance Movement
- Universal Studios Hollywood 'Halloween Horror Nights' Serves Up A Dinner Feast
- Mr. Jack O’Lanterns Pumpkin Patch Returns To Southern California
- Jordin Sparks Lights Up The Room At Daytime Beauty Awards
- LA County To Require Proof of Vaccination at Bars, Nightclubs And More