According to comScore, Disney/Marvel's 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' had another great global weekend of $115.2 million, including $63 million from its first place showing in North America for an incredible worldwide overall total of $630.6 million.
Notably, the film opened in Japan to an estimated $3.0 million for the three days, an opening which is 15% ahead of the original 'Guardians of the Galaxy.'
In second place, Warner Bros.' 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword' opened globally at $43.8 million in 52 territories.
- Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2 – Disney – $63.0M
- Snatched – 20th Century Fox – $17.5M
- King Arthur: Legend Of The Sword – Warner Bros. – $14.7M
- The Fate Of The Furious – Universal – $5.3M
- The Boss Baby – 20th Century Fox – $4.6M
- Beauty And The Beast – Disney – $3.9M
- How To Be A Latin Lover – Lionsgate – $3.8M
- Lowriders – OTL Releasing – $2.4M
- The Circle – STX Entertainment – $1.7M
- MET Opera: Der Rosenkavalier (2017) – Fathom Events – $1.7M