The Lego Batman Movie topped this weekend's box office, beating out a pair of R-rated sequels John Wick: Chapter Two and 50 Shades Darker. Starring Will Arnett, Lego Batman boasts a 91 percent RottenTomatoes approval rating among critics.
According to comScore's media analyst Paul Dergarabedian: "Universal's Fifty Shades Darker felt the love from global audiences as it earned an impressive $146.9 million worldwide, with over $100 million generated in 57 international territories. That franchise film was followed by another piece of branded entertainment with fellow newcomer The Lego Batman Movie from Warner Bros. constructing a solid $92.6 million 61 territory second place worldwide debut."
1. The Lego Batman Movie – Warner Bros. – $55.6M
2. Fifty Shades Darker – Universal – $46.8M
3. John Wick: Chapter Two – Lionsgate – $30.0M
4. Split – Universal – $9.3M
5. Hidden Figures – 20th Century Fox – $8.0M
6. A Dog's Purpose – Universal – $7.4M
7. Rings – Paramount – $5.8M
8. La La Land – Lionsgate – $5.0M
9. Lion – The Weinstein Company – $4.1M
10. The Space Between Us – STX Entertainment – $1.8M
*Domestic Box Office Results