Start your countdown Star Wars fans because a big announcement was made at the D23 EXPO 2015. A Star Wars-themed lands will be coming to Disneyland park in Anaheim, Calif., and Disney’s Hollywood Studios at Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, Fla., allowing Star Wars fans to step into the stories from a galaxy far, far away.
D23 Spotlight: Disney World Welcomes A Star Wars Themed Land
Ambitious plans to bring Star Wars to life in the two parks include creating Disney’s largest single themed land expansions ever at 14 acres each, transporting guests to a never-before-seen planet, a remote trading port and one of the last stops before wild space where Star Wars characters and their stories come to life. "I am thrilled to announce the next chapter in the long and exciting history between Disney Parks and Star Wars,” said Iger. “We are creating a jaw-dropping new world that represents our largest single themed land expansion ever. These new lands at Disneyland and Walt Disney World will transport guests to a whole new Star Wars planet, including an epic Star Wars adventure that puts you in the middle of a climactic battle between the First Order and the Resistance.”
These authentic lands will have two signature attractions. Along with the thrilling battle experience, another attraction puts guests behind the controls of one of the most recognizable ships in the galaxy, the Millennium Falcon, as they take on a customized secret mission. Iger also shared concept images of the Star Wars-themed lands, giving fans a glimpse at what is to come for Disney parks.The partnership between Disney and Lucasfilm dates back to 1987, when the successful Star Tours attraction, inspired by George Lucas’s legendary Star Wars film series, opened at Disneyland. The attraction was then redesigned, emerging as “Star Tours – The Adventures Continue” in 2011 and featuring more than 50 different story outcomes and the possibility to visit five different planets.
Share this article:
More From LATF USA
- Lancôme Collaborates For Emily in Paris Beauty Collection
- Hertz Invests in Tesla Fleet and Partners with Tom Brady
- HBO Renews Drama Series SUCCESSION For A Fourth Season
- Vienna in Hollywood Comes To Academy Museum
- Reese Witherspoon To Speak At Kohler Living Event
- KIT KAT® Drops Irresistibly Breakable Group Costume for Your Halloween Crew
- Alicia Keys Returns To The Apollo To Perform One Night Only Special For SiriusXM And Pandora
- Ed Sheeran Celebrates The Release of '=' With Special Apple Music "First Listen" Live-Stream Celebration
- This Company Built The Largest Drive-In LED Screen
- SOUL Train Awards Presented By BET Returns 11/20 From The World Famous Apollo