The movies were not a popular activity this Memorial Day weekend. Box office earnings were at a record low. According to Rentrak, Disney's 'Tomorrowland' posted an estimated $26.7 million in its opening weekend of international release from 65 territories representing approximately 56% of the international marketplace.
Disney/Marvel's 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' led the international box office this weekend with $45.8 million in 91 territories. Warner Bros.' 'Mad Max: Fury Road' crossed the $100 million mark internationally this weekend bringing its worldwide total to $212 million.
1. Tomorrowland - Disney - $32.2M
2. Pitch Perfect 2 - Universal - $30.3M
3. Mad Max: Fury Road - Warner Bros. - $23.9M
4. Poltergeist - 20th Century Fox - $23.0M
5. Avengers: Age Of Ultron - Disney - $20.9M
6. Hot Pursuit - Warner Bros. - $3.5M
7. Far From The Madding Crowd - Fox Searchlight - $2.3M
8. Furious 7 - Universal - $2.1M
9. Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2 - Sony - $1.8M
10. Home - 20th Century Fox - $1.7M