Aretha Franklin, the incomparable “Queen of Soul,” will release her highly anticipated brand new studio LP “Aretha Franklin Sings The Great Diva Classics” on October 21st via RCA Records. The album’s lead single, Adele’s“Rolling In The Deep (The Aretha Version)” is currently available for download with album pre-order at select digital retailers. Aretha’s unsurpassed vocal styling permeates on popular diva classics ranging from Barbra Streisand’s “People,” and Gladys Knight’s “Midnight Train To Georgia,” to Alicia Keys’ “No One,” and a mash up of Gloria Gaynor’s “I Will Survive” and Destiny’s Child’s “I’m A Survivor,” and more. Also lauded as a skillful pianist, Aretha tickles the ivories on The Supremes' “You Keep Me Hangin’ On.”“Aretha Franklin Sings The Great Diva Classics,” reunites Franklin with Sony Music Entertainment’s Chief Creative Officer Clive Davis as they take the helm as co-producers to bring Davis’ album concept to fruition. A-List producers Kenny “Babyface” Edmonds, André 3000, Harvey Mason, Jr., Terry Hunter and Eric Kupper add their award-winning production skills.
Aretha Franklin To Release Brand New Studio album
Share this article:
More From LATF USA
- TV Review: ‘Sasquatch’ is a Trippy Mix of Monster Myth and Murder Mystery
- 56TH ACADEMY OF COUNTRY MUSIC AWARDS: And The Winners Are...
- NFL Is Getting Into The Podcast Game With iHeartMedia
- PETCO Urges Offices To Go Pet-Friendly For Mental & Physical Health
- TV Review: ‘Mare of Easttown’ is a Must-See Crime Drama
- Lin-Manuel Miranda's 'In The Heights' To Open Tribeca Film Festival 20th Anniversary
- New Music Friday: Donel, Livingmore, Band Of Silver, Tyson, Melonia, Olivia Lunny, The Wrecks
- Weekly Top Ten
- What You Need To Know About Johnson & Johnson Vaccine Halt
- Cannes Film Festival Goes Green For 2021: Here's How They're Doing It